Students will leave The Journey of a T-shirt programme with a deeper knowledge of:
- The resources, materials and processes that go into making a single cotton T-shirt
- The challenges of today’s fashion value chain, unsustainable practices and the solutions needed to drive the transformation towards circularity
- Become aware of the role of the ‘consumer’ and what that can mean for them in their own context (individually, family etc.)
The simple actions they can apply in daily life to begin their own good fashion journey
- Primarily education classes, group 4-8 (7-10 years)
- Capacity: approximately. 25 students per class
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Rate: €150 per class
- Includes access for two teachers or supervisors
- As preparation schools are asked to please inform kids and families to pack an extra T-shirt each to use during the programme for analysis
What do you receive?
- Access to the museum for the entire day
- The Fashion for Good Museum passport (an assignment booklet)
The Journey of a T-shirt can be booked for any day of the week, at least 2 weeks in advance.
For bookings or any other questions, please contact email@example.com.
Celebrate your birthday in the Fashion for Good Museum! During your party celebration you will go on The Journey of a T-shirt. The workshop will start with a short tour explaining how a T-shirt is made. After the introduction, the design workshop will start where you will decorate your own sustainable, fashion-forward T-shirt with natural dyes made from avocados, coffee and turmeric, as well as fun fabric markers and ‘off-cut’ embellishments!
Visiting the Fashion for Good Museum is also a fun activity for kids and families.
For curious young minds there’s the Fashion for Good Kids Corner! This is a special space in the museum where kids can get creative and dream up their own version of the future of fashion, right here in the museum.
We have a few activities available that are designed to be as fun and interactive as possible for 8-12 year olds and are available in Dutch and English. Here the kids – or innovators and designers of the future as we’d like to call them – can celebrate their birthdays, attend workshops or join educational programmes.
The Fashion for Good Teacher Pass grants free access to the Fashion for Good Museum all year round, providing schools with the opportunity to learn more about the Fashion for Good educational programmes.
Two passes are issued per school and are valid for the entire school year, giving the entire teaching staff the opportunity to be inspired by groundbreaking fashion innovations, become familiar with the concept of circularity and sustainability and learn more about how to actively communicate the importance of sustainability with students. The passes can only be issued to schools located in the Netherlands.