Fashion for Good is the global initiative that’s here to make all fashion good. We’re looking for a full-time Communications intern to support the Communications team on a wide range of tasks.
The Comms team is responsible for the overall communications strategy of Fashion for Good, helping attract new partners and members and managing all communications involving existing stakeholders. We work together with the Events and Digital Marketing team members on a daily basis and are tasked with raising brand awareness and strengthening the positioning of Fashion for Good.
Position: Communications intern – Fashion for Good
Company: Fashion for Good B.V.
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Start date: Immediately
Reporting to: Communications Manager of Fashion for Good B.V.
Employment type: Full-time for 6 months; minimum of 5 months
– Assist with the implementation of the Communications strategy
– Create strategy decks & presentations (PPT and Keynote)
– Support on press release distribution and reporting on media results
– Preparation for interviews and doing research on specific subjects or editors
– Help out with special internal and external events
– Update media databases
– Support with creative partnerships
– Support in development of PR and Communications tools, releases and other written material
– Create social media content
– Strong writing skills
– Self-motivated and detail-oriented
– Personal interest in fashion, innovation and sustainability
– Excellent computer skills, specifically in: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote
– Interest in social media (TW, FB, IG, LinkedIn)
– Preferably also basic knowledge of: Hootsuite, Iconosquare, WordPress & Mailchimp
Currently enrolled in a University for a Bachelor or Master’s degree.
Excellent English written and verbal communication, Dutch is considered a plus.
Please submit your application, consisting of a short motivation letter and your CV, via e-mail with the position you are applying for in the subject title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidate is already located in The Netherlands.
Fashion for Good was launched in 2017 with C&A Foundation as a founding partner. Its programmes are supported by corporate partners C&A, Galeries Lafayette Group, Kering, Zalando, adidas as well as organisations including the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute, the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, IDH – the Sustainable Trade Initiative, Impact Hub Amsterdam, McDonough Innovation, Plug and Play and the Sustainable Apparel Coalition.
Fashion for Good brings together brands, retailers, multi- stakeholder initiatives, and funders to promote the five essential “Goods” of a new, transformed fashion industry: Good Materials, Good Economy, Good Energy, Good Water, and Good Lives.
Specifically, Fashion for Good is changing the apparel industry through innovation and new business models. Its innovation platform scouts for, nurtures and funds early-stage ideas and it scales proven technologies and business models for wider adoption by the industry. Its Good Fashion Fund catalyses access to finance and its open-source Good Fashion Guide shares knowledge to help the apparel industry transform. As a convenor for change, Fashion for Good enables conversation and collaboration, bringing together co-locators at its first hub in Amsterdam, as well as visitors to the Fashion for Good Experience to learn more about Good Fashion.