Position: Programme Intern for South Asia
Company: Fashion for Good B.V.
Location: Mumbai, India
Start date: as soon as possible
Employment type: Intern
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
We seek a Programme Intern who will be engaged in supporting the operations of our South Asia programme. The role entails managing the programme schedule, managing interactions with and engaging support for the programme participants. The intern will be part of the Fashion for Good innovation team and will predominantly be working from Fashion for Good’s Mumbai office.
Key responsibilities of the Programme Intern:
• Coordinate and support all aspects of the accelerator program operations including curriculum design and working cross functional to execute large events that bring our innovators and corporate partners together
• Be the key point of contact and create meaningful relationships with the start-ups who are accepted into our programs, supporting them through orientation to an expo, understanding their individual metrics for success, willingness to partner, and potential costs & benefits of working with corporate partners
• Source new mentors (Universities, VCs, Government) to advise start-ups as they grow
• Coordinate marketing content with the global communications team
• Own and execute annual innovator impact survey. Specifically, the administration, analysis, and reporting associated
• Facilitate lifecycle assessment mechanism and follow up approach so our innovators can track their impact and build their resources required to scale
• Manage the ecosystem relations and identify new key partners, industry experts, and relevant contacts across the Fashion for Good environment
• Alumni engagement strategy and execution to ensure continued value for innovators across the FFG portfolio (specifically: up to date status on innovator developments, impact tracker, portal, communications to share opportunities)
• Keep innovation database current with up to date information regarding alumni program participants (ex: funding, growth, key milestones) and communicate progress to team and partners
The ideal candidate has a relevant track record and combines strong interpersonal skills with a self-starting, pro-active attitude. The following qualifications are essential:
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Capacity to adapt to different settings, easily navigating different cultures and organisation settings
• Strong relationship management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creative thinking with the ability for sound judgement and accountability
• Pro-activeness, enthusiasm, can-do attitude, comfort in dealing with uncertainty
Relevant work experience in accelerators, impact investing, management consulting, sustainability or the apparel industry is a plus.
Proficiency in English is a requirement.
Please submit your application here, consisting of a short motivation letter and your CV here.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
Launched in March 2017, Fashion for Good is a global organisation that aims to reimagine how fashion is designed, made, worn and reused. This open and inclusive initiative brings together brands, retailers, suppliers, non-profit organisations, innovators, funders and individuals united in their shared ambition to make all fashion good.
Fashion for Good is changing the apparel industry through innovation and collaboration. Our Innovation Platform scouts, nurtures and funds early-stage ideas, scaling proven technologies and business models for wider adoption by the industry. Our Good Fashion Fund catalyses access to finance and our open-source Good Fashion Guide shares knowledge to help the apparel industry transform. As a convenor for change, we enable conversation and collaboration, bringing together co-locators in our headquarters in Amsterdam, as well as visitors to the Fashion for Good Experience to learn more about Good Fashion.
Fashion for Good’s Programmes are supported by founding partner Laudes Foundation (formerly C&A Foundation), co-founder William McDonough and corporate partners adidas, C&A, CHANEL, BESTSELLER, Galeries Lafayette Group, Kering, Otto Group, PVH Corp., Stella McCartney, Target and Zalando and affiliate partners Arvind, Norrøna, vivobarefoot and Welspun
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At Fashion for Good we pride ourselves on community and collaboration with a focus on creating positive impact and building a force for good. We value all points of view and believe in the power of doing things differently to drive innovation and catalyse change. We’re an international team, currently with 11 nationalities, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome to be their true selves and do their best work. There’s more work to be done and in building towards a better fashion industry, we consider all applicants on the merit of their academic qualifications and professional experience.